Monday, August 15, 2011

California Trip - Film & Photo Shoot

During the very last week of our trip, we decided to put together a little film shoot in my Mom's house. Her house is gorgeous and we wanted to utilize this opportunity before we left.

I've had a script rattling around in my brain for a while, and I had a few scenes in mind...

First up... a garden party... with dogs.

Nutmeg and Barkley sat still for a little while, until I brought out that cake... and they immediately caught buttercream frosting fever, which is totally understandable. So, we had to work quickly.

The second scene is our actress, Michelle, putting on lipstick at the cool built-in vanity...

Third... Michelle having tea in the sun room...

Lastly... watering the lawn. So fantastic.

I didn't have a whole lot of setting up to do, since my Mom's house is full of props already, but I did do some shuffling and lots and lots of present wrapping. Here are a few shots of our setup, along with some wandering furry props, too...

We had a blast!

Our actress, Michelle, was SO professional and fun to work with. She came up with some great ideas and was super patient with our doggie actors. I hope we can work with her again really soon. Thank you so much Michelle!

A huge thank you to my Mom for letting us use her beautiful home, to C for holding the boom mic and for her amazing prop wrangling and set dressing skills and to Nathan for helping me put this all together. Yay! :)

Oh, and while I was setting up, a lucky ladybug landed on a Tiffany box that I was using in the dog party scene...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! :)