Friday, February 24, 2012

Art Journal - Bouquets of Watercolor Flowers

Getting in the Mother's Day mood and painting lots of bouquets of flowers. These were painted using watercolors and a little acrylic whitewash on top. I'm loving this technique and how it's so light, delicate and sort of misty-dreamy. I tend to be heavy handed with traditional acrylic so this is a good exercise in self control, color speaking.

Most of these are wedding arrangements or bouquets. I love all the colorful, fancy bridal bouquet pictures on Pinterest. The textures, colors, unusual greenery, berries, vintage brooches, feathers and ribbons are so much fun and so creative... although I like a simple arrangement of just hydrangeas or lilies of the valley, too!

One of these might be re-painted to become Mother's Day card... but which one? Any opinions? :)


#1 - Blue & yellow flowers in milk glass

Pin It


#1 - Close up


#2 - Yellow ranunculus & sweet peas

Pin It


#2 - Close up


#3 - Pink flowers in blue vase

Pin It


#3 Close up


#4 - Orange & pink ranunculus with one succulent bouquet

Pin It


#4 Close up


#5 - Pink, white & blue bouquet

Pin It


#5 Close Up

I think I like #5 the best :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...your paintings are amazing..I just adore the soft colours. When is your Mother's Day? Ours is in May.
    Your paintings would make beautiful cards. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Koralee! :) Mother's Day is in May here, too... I just wanted to get started early ;)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! :)