Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Art Journal - Floral Watercolors

While anticipating "wintery weather" here in Cary (really, it mostly just slushed with a tiny bit of snow that lasted 12 hours... but it was really beautiful!), I did a whole lot of movie watching and doodling/art journaling while hanging out under a blanket (a very nice weekend, indeed!).

Whenever I use watercolors, I always run into the big question... should I outline these paintings or not?

So, I thought I would line them up, side by side... before outlining and after. What do you think? Which do you like better?


I sort of thought of this comparison idea after I started outlining the first painting... oops.

And I outlined this one in white paint...

I have one card in the line that has the outlined watercolor flowers... I didn't think it would be a popular design, but it turned out to be a good seller! So, I'm contemplating more designs similar to this in the future. Very 1960's wrapping paper... which I fancy.

So, what do you think? Watercolor flowers and watercolor flowers with outlines... yea or nay to this design?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! :)