Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tissue & Crepe Paper Valentine's Day Wreath Tutorial

Pin It

I made this wreath over the weekend. I went a little nuts with the glitter and add-ons. It would have been simple and cute just with the plain flowers... but... I just don't know when to stop. The great thing about this wreath.... very cheap to make. I used tissue, crepe paper and glitter that I already had. My only cost was the wire wreath form which was $1.40 after my 40% off Michael's coupon!

Here's how I did it...


36 flowers total, 4 of each design

The red and white flowers are the same as the pink. Start on the outside, twirl and glue until you get to the center. Glue a set of black construction paper leaves to the back of each flower.

Here is the progress:

When all the flowers are finished, you can attach the flowers to the wire form with their pipe cleaner stems. I started with a large gray pom pom at the bottom center, leaves facing in, and just added the flowers counter clockwise, rotating the leaves so that some faced inside the wreath, and some faced outside. The cool thing about the wire form is that you can slide the flowers around, too, making it easier to move them around a bit.

Seeing as I like to take things 8 steps too far, I glittered each and every flower and their leaves, too. Black and dark gray glitter on the leaves, silver glitter on the petals. It's up to you if you want to do this. I didn't show this step because I think everyone knows how to add glitter. (And if you saw my mess... you'd mock me. It's ALL OVER the place. Including the dog.)

Here's how the flowers looked all glittered up:

I also shoved in some white feathers... because I had them... and I added these rosettes for the same reason:

The centers of each rosette are stickers that I printed and added glitter to. Very easy.

I sell these rosettes on ebay for $3.99 each, if you are interested :)

And, here's the wreath with my Valentine's Day decorations:

Pin It

Pin It

I had a lot of fun making it... especially since this is the very first wreath I've ever made. It's neat to watch paper turn into a three dimensional object. I'm thinking I'll use felt for the next wreath... St. Patrick's. And an Alice in Wonderland wreath at some point, too!

Ohboy... I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! :)